The Seven Churches in Revelation 2-3
In this series, Mike Bickle teaches on the seven letters found in Revelation 2 and 3, where Jesus gives John a message for seven churches in Asia Minor (Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamos, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea). John was instructed to write out the messages and send them as a letter. These seven letters were given to strengthen the churches in John's day and throughout church history. Mike teaches, however, that their most important application is yet future.
The issues that Jesus addresses in the churches of John's day were strategically selected to help them. Additionally, they are to prepare the end-time Church to stand against sinful seductions and fierce persecutions that will have striking similarities to the time of the seven churches. Thus, the seven letters identify the most important issues that will challenge the faith and obedience of the end-time Church. This teaching also gives us an in-depth look at eternal rewards found in the book of Revelation.
Mike shows that Jesus promised twenty-two eternal rewards to motivate His people to persevere until the end. To overcome means to walk in spiritual maturity by consistently seeking to walk in obedience. Overcoming does not mean attaining perfection in our character but constantly reaching for wholehearted obedience.
In this series, Mike Bickle helps us understand the clear portrait the seven letters provide of what Jesus requires of the Church. It is to the Church that He will entrust great power, so that we may partner with Him in His end-time battle plan (Rev. 6-22).
This is a 12-part series by Mike Bickle from 2019 (Downloads contain two additional teachings):
- The Imprtance of Jesus' Message to the 7 Churches
- Jesus' Message to the Church of Ephesus (Rev. 2:1-7)
- Jesus' Message to the Church of Smyrna (Rev. 2:8-11)
- Jesus' Message to the Church of Pergamos (Rev. 2:12-17)
- Jesus' Message to the Church of Thyatira (Rev. 2:18-29)
- Jesus' Message to the Church of Sardis (Rev. (3:1-6)
- Jesus' Message to the Church of Philadelphia (Rev. 3:7-13)
- Jesus' Message to the Church of Laodicea (Rev. 3:14-22)
- Jesus' Primary Message to the Seven Churches (Rev. 2-3)
- Overcoming Spiritual Dullness and Passivity (Rev. 2-3)
- Overcoming Jezebel: Immorality and Idolatry (Rev. 2)
- The Majesty of Jesus as the Son of Man (Rev. 1)
- Correction to Those Neglecting Jesus' Primary Message (Bonus - MP3 Download Only)
- (Download only Bonus) Bridal Revelation and Spiritual Warfare (Bonus - MP3 or PDF Download Only)