Israel and the Great Commission: How the Great Commission Fulfills God’s Purpose for Israel and the Nations
- By: Whitefield, Samuel
- Availability: 7 In Stock
- SKU: 9781732338029
We live in a unique generation.
For the first time in history, the church is facing two unprecedented challenges:
Reaching every people group with the gospel; and
Addressing a global controversy over Israel and its future.
Most Christians read the Old Testament as a story about Israel and the New Testament as a radical shift from Israel’s story to the story of the nations. However, Israel and the nations are deeply connected in both the Old and New Testament.
The Great Commission is not a dramatic shift in God’s plan, nor is it a new idea. It is the means of fulfilling God’s promises to Israel and the nations. The New Testament is neither the beginning of God’s purposes for the nations nor the end of Israel’s story.
In Israel and the Great Commission, discover:
- How the Old Testament lays the foundation for the Great Commission
- How Israel and the Great Commission are deeply connected
- How Israel’s story continues in the New Testament
- How Paul understood God’s plan to save Israel and the nations through the Great Commission
- How God’s promise to Ishmael relates to Israel and the Great Commission
- How the Great Commission will be finished
When we understand the overarching context of the Old Testament and Israel’s story, we find God has a single redemptive plan for Israel and the nations. It is found in both testaments and ultimately fulfilled through the Great Commission.